About the Program
As the learning and development landscape continues to evolve, you are tasked with maximizing resources, while delivering quality learning solutions. This unique assessmentbased certificate program provides you with the opportunity to evaluate real-world projects, and work with expert facilitators to help you master the skills required to create formal and informal learning solutions. You’ll benefit from peer collaboration and individualized feedback to reinforce your learning, and gain a customized toolkit of resources to use immediately back on the job.
By the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Conduct a needs assessment for learning programs that
aligns organizational objectives and the learning opportunity
- aligns organizational objectives and the learning opportunity
- addresses target populations’ specific needs
- identifies constraints and/or problems affecting design
- includes basic outcomes of the learning solution linked to
business problems or opportunities.
- Design learning solutions that reflect adult learning theories,
and best address the needs of the learners and the
organization through formal classroom training, blended
learning, online learning, and informal approaches.
- Use a collaborative approach with stakeholders (such as
internal clients and subject matter experts) throughout a
learning design project to:
- plan and design the solution
- select and/or create effective learning materials
- establish sign-off and approval processes for each step of
the design process.
- Create complete learning solutions including:
- measurable learning objectives
- instructional content that reflects the diversity of the
- to reach learning outcomes
- Identify appropriate evaluation techniques and apply them to
measure the impact of the learning solution.
- Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) responsible for instructional
- More experienced instructional designers seeking to confirm
their mastery of this area of expertise.
About the Program
This is a blended learning experience consisting of three
parts: online Fundamentals, Core Course, and an Elective. The
Fundamentals section is completed three weeks prior to the
program, the Core Course takes place over three days via an
in-person training, and then you choose an elective from a
predetermined list of ATD certificate programs that may be
taken in person or online.
- Engage in an online learning community.
- Participate in a three day face-to-face course to develop and demonstrate your mastery of instructional design.
- Select an elective course to meet a unique learning need.
- Refine and deliver your final learning project.
Online Pre-Program Session
A live online session will be conducted three weeks prior to the face-to-face program, on 3 April 2019 at 4.00 P.M. Gulf Standard Time (GST), to orient you to the complete program and provide answers to key questions. Attendance in this live event is highly encouraged, but optional.
It will be 60-minutes in length and will be recorded for play back needs. You’ll participate via the WebEx Training Center platform plus a teleconference for audio. Special software is not required. All you need is a standard web browser and a telephone to participate! In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the session. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, attending this live event or accessing its recording and participating in the portal’s discussion board activities.
ATD Certified Facilitator
Nelson R. Santiago
ATD Master Trainer
Talent and Leadership Development Leader
Association for Talent Development (ATD)
Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach; DDI Certified